Friday 9 September 2011

August - September : Howker

Here is my update for the last month and whats happening this month.

My submission for OWTcreative's issue no.9 "Chance"

it's based on bad luck superstitions people believe in.. I'm all for believing in good luck but I find it difficult to see how any of these could cause your luck to change...

Im not overly happy with the salt shaker.. but its the better one of the 20 different versions I had drawn




Music

I was asked to submit a design based on a music track for use in an upcoming project... I'm happy to say that my preferred design was chosen and I successfully completed it today. As the website isn't 100% up and running yet, I'm keepin details and the main thing on the down-lo.. but here are a few sneaky shots I managed to take..



as soon as official details and the site is up and running then I will probably tweet the hell out of it





Glass is a very difficult surface to draw/paint on.. especially at a large scale and reversed! (I had to paint on the inside of the room rather than the outside so that it wasnt scratched easily etc etc.. ) Overall I'm more than happy with how it turned out but there are a load of little details that are niggling at me about it.. from my sketch, the design has altered a fair bit but I dont think I could've done any different in the same amount of time.



MASI

Manchester and Salford illustrated is a great exhibition idea that is happening this month.. but I'm some what daunted by the professional talent that is already submitting work for it.. I cant help but feel as if my stuff will look 'student'-like next to theirs.. anyway.. I've already shown this to a few people.. but this is my current work.. which I intend to finish in pencil and screenprint with 2 colours.. 1 being a light sky blue (Man City style) and the 2nd either black or a dark blue...

AND before anyone else says it.. (Mark keeps taking the piss out of me)... THERE WILL BE A GUITAR ADDED INTO NOEL'S HANDS!!!! hahahah





I keep thinking that Noel looks like an "accurate" caricature.. but Liam doesnt have the same "feel"... maybe because he doesnt have eyes... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment